Everyone experiences mood disorders from time to time, and that is normal – we’re not computers, but real people. But sometimes these switches become too frequent – even habitual, and people do not even realize it. Nowadays, everyone has challenges and difficulties in life, but some people treat them with understanding and cope with them gradually, without falling into despair, while others insist that they have a depression and blame the circumstances.
Why mood disorders are dangerous?
Bad mood quickly leads to the development of chronic diseases:
- lack of appetite;
- disturbed sleep;
- chronic fatigue;
- back pain;
- digestive problems.
Good mood, on the contrary:
- improves working efficiency;
- gives strength and energy;
- helps find optimal solutions for the most complex problems;
- allows you to communicate freely with anyone – life becomes joyful and interesting.
How to get out of a bad mood?
Of course, it is better to be in a good mood than in a bad one, but how to improve the mood, if everything seems depressing and the weather is bad all the time?
- In fact, there are a lot of ways – for example, physical activity and exercises. It is known that regular exercises help the body produce dopamine, serotonin and other similar chemicals – neurotransmitters that are responsible for our mood: if their development is normal – everything is fine, but if it “falls”, the world around begins to look gray and dull.
- Sleep quality influences our mood: if we sleep badly and do not get enough sleep, serotonin production is slowing.
There are other simple ways to improve your mood:
- Watching interesting movies;
- a favorite hobby.
Food and our mood
Everything that we eat, reaches our brain after some time and provides the production of substances needed for good mood, or, on the contrary, suppresses it, and the mood is deteriorating.
Thus, if you choose the right foods, sadness and melancholy leave you very soon and thoughts in your head will be bright and positive.
Of course, there is another way – perhaps more easy and fast but sometimes insecure – you can take drugs that improve mood – even if they are effective even for a depression. They reduce the feeling of sadness and depression, but can cause side effects if taken inaccurately – from stomach aches to confusion and loss of hair. There are other drugs that have a calming effect and prevent mood swings, but they have the same side effects. So it’s important to choose correct medications and take them only with a doctor’s permission. All the necessary antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs and relaxation aids may be found in canadian pharmacies online, which provides only qualitative medications. We advise trying Prozac, Wellbutrin SR, Celexa, Cymbalta, Paxil.
Mood-Changing Promotional Products
Your diet should include products which are beneficial for your mood, as well as for your general health. These are the necessary products to live a healthy lifestyle. Of course, the most useful (and tasty) products in this respect are fresh vegetables, fruits and berries – they always help relieve tension and reduce the symptoms of depression.
- Strawberries, bananas and kiwis are more effective than other others: bananas contribute to the rapid production of serotonin, kiwis have an antioxidant effect and supply the body with vitamin C, and strawberries normalize the blood sugar level and also contains antioxidants. In addition, these fruits and berries are tasty and fragrant – these properties give us joy and pleasure;
- Here is an excellent example of a healthy lunch, able to improve your mood quickly – baked potatoes with a large portion of salad of fresh green vegetables. These vegetables – lettuce, spinach, green peppers, broccoli, and other types of cabbage, asparagus, green peas – contain a lot of folic acid, our nervous system functions poorly without which, the immunity drops and anemia may develop, so it is not necessary to replace the fresh vegetables with canned ones which are easy to cook. Potatoes also helps produce serotonin – but you should not fry them, but bake; or there is another option: cook mashed potatoes;
- Whole grains also help production of serotonin. These are brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat – these cereals do not only improve mood, but also relieve from insomnia;
- Products which contain many PUFAs – polyunsaturated fatty acids, are also effective: they accelerate the metabolism, strengthen the heart and blood vessels and prevent the development of depression. These are soybeans, all unrefined vegetable oils, especially olive oil is healthy; flaxseed, other seeds and nuts – almonds, walnuts, etc., fatty sea fish: it contains a lot of valuable protein, vitamins and minerals in addition to PUFAs. We should also mention the seafood: clams, crabs, seaweed and others;
- We may forget about bad mood eating lean meat: many kinds of white meat contain the amino acids tryptophan and tyrosine – especially chicken white meat. These substances may be also found in turkey and rabbit meat, young pork and veal meat. These amino acids also increase the level of neurotransmitters in the body, which are responsible for attention, memory and a good mood;
- Cook pasta from durum wheat for a breakfast – it contains much tryptophan – with spinach, oatmeal or whole-grains, take a sandwich of crispy cereal breads with chicken or turkey to you work;
- Eggs are also good in this respect: you can eat a normal sandwich of black bread and natural butter, adding a fresh chicken boiled egg, which quickly turns into serotonin. Eggs is an excellent food product, which we often forget about: they are easy to take with, healthy and valuable, they contain a lot of protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin B and vitamin D, as well as many useful and essential amino acids;
- Chocolate is a product which we can not even speak about – everybody knows that it causes the formation of endorphins, but still let us remind you: chocolate contains substances that maintain a state of happiness, and other compounds which function as neurotransmitters. Besides chocolate contains tryptophan: together with other amino acids, it promotes the production of serotonin and other substances that reduce irritability and improve mood. Chocolate improves our mood quickly, but you don’t need to eat much chocolate – just 2 slices of dark chocolate a day.
Supplements to boost mood: Canadian Family Pharmacy review
In addition to food, you should pay attention to vitamins and minerals and other dietary supplements, which are also should be purchased only from reliable sellers – nowadays we can often meet fakes – even in a pharmacy.
Today we may cope with bad mood with the help of the following supplements:
- Products containing gamma-aminobutyric acid, which have a relaxing and calming effect;
- L-taurine – a soothing amino acid;
- 5-hydroxytryptophan, which stimulates the production of serotonin;
- DL-phenylalanine, which improves mood and relieves chronic pain;
- L-tyrosine, which turns into dopamine in the body and supports emotional balance;
- vitamins, minerals and extracts of medicinal plants – such as Rhodiola rosea, Aralia, ginseng, Eleutherococcus, citrus and others.
- preparations containing Omega-3: they are desirable for people constantly suffering from high mental loads and stresses, as well as for emotionally unstable people and people prone to depression. These drugs are also prescribed for chronic mental fatigue, memory loss and diseases of the brain vessels, including those associated with the accumulation of “harmful” cholesterol in the body.