Canadian Family Pharmacy News
Healthy food is a basis of long life without pains and diseases. Besides, healthy food is an also excellent appearance: purity and good color of skin, hair, a slim figure, a beautiful smile and other things. At the same time many people think that it is enough to take some diet pills to reach beauty and symmetry, and then it is possible to afford fat high-calorie food again. And so, remember: healthy food has to become the principle of all your life, but not a month or a week! The healthy nutrition is “one way ticket”, and if you aren’t going to keep it all the time, – you should not even begin.
How to start a healthy diet? First of all, we advise to consult a diet doctor for him to make a diet plan for you. It’s not difficult to get used to healthy food. Actually, only 21 days are needed for the person for development of long term habit. How to pass to healthy food in three weeks?
Rules for a Healthy Life: Canadian Family Pharmacy Advice
- Eat with small portions 5 times a day, that is every 3 hours. Buy a small 200 gram plate and there will be no temptation to eat too much. Also, you may purchase a small spoon and a fork. Let your family laugh if they want, and you will become slim at this time!
- The breakfast has to consist of porridge (buckwheat and oat – the best choice!), fermented milk products and fruit. At the same time it is better to eat fruit in 20-30 minutes after the main food so that no “fermentation” begin in a stomach. Nutritionists recommend to use whites and vegetables (crude or stewed) for lunch. At the same time it is possible to afford low-fat meat, fish, a liver or eggs as protein-containing products. You’d better limit your dinner to a plate of low-fat cottage cheese or a glass of low-fat kefir. There have to be two “snacks” between three main meals, it may be nuts, fruit, yogurts, various berries.
- Your organism should receive enough clear water. It is necessary to drink a glass of water in 20 minutes prior to each meal. And during food and within 40 minutes after it try not to drink! In total, it is necessary to drink not less than 2 liters of water per day, and during a heat even more. But don’t drink just before the night, otherwise you will wake up with the swelled face. Nutritionists recommend having also green tea without sugar (it is possible with a honey spoon). As for fruit juice, fruit drinks and compotes, most of modern nutritionists consider that advantage of them is not that great, you’d better eat natural fruit – a juicy crackling apple, sweet cherry or ripe raspberry. You may afford any fruit, except bananas and grapes, but no more than 300 g per day.
- If you are a sweets’ lover, it is possible to afford some delicacy (not too fat!) in the first half of the day, till 12 o’clock. And it is better to refuse sugar at all and replace it with moderate amount of honey (the norm for the adult is 1-2 tablespoons of honey a day).
- Refuse white bread! It’s a necessary rule for a healthy weight loss diet! Let it become an impossible product for you! Refuse completely products from high-grade flour: scientists proved its unconditional harm for an organism. If you can’t without bread – choose rye or branny, it is possible to use dietary small loafs.
- If you want to pass to healthy food in three weeks, it doesn’t mean to starve. You can eat meat, only not fat pork or mutton, and dietary chicken, a turkey or a rabbit. However, beef is good too, only without fat. At least two times a week you dinner should include fish, and desirable – sea fish. You may afford yourself seafood – shrimps, mussels, squids, octopuses, cuttlefishes. Eggs and bean are good replacement to meat, they are good sources of protein.
- Whenever possible replace potatoes with spinach, vegetable marrows and a cauliflower. Spice your food with chopped greens. Try not to fry food, and to stew, steam, boil or use in the raw.
Once a week make a pleasant fasting day – choose the most suitable for yourself and enjoy kefir, buckwheat cereal or grapefruits. Let the organism feel lighter!
Do not forget about your immune system hardening. Buy vitamins and herbal supplements for weight loss at Canadian Family Pharmacy.
It is quite possible to pass to healthy food in three weeks. And then, as soon as you want fried potato, just remember what you managed to reach, praise yourself and think, what a pity will be to lose reached. Canadian Family Pharmacy wishes you luck! You will manage it!
Everyone experiences mood disorders from time to time, and that is normal – we’re not computers, but real people. But sometimes these switches become too frequent – even habitual, and people do not even realize it. Nowadays, everyone has challenges and difficulties in life, but some people treat them with understanding and cope with them gradually, without falling into despair, while others insist that they have a depression and blame the circumstances. Why mood disorders are dangerous? […]
Most of our contemporaries think that calmness is an expensive luxury: if someone is trying to prove the opposite, he is just sarcastically laughed at – people used to think so, and many even like it. In fact, this is a very dangerous misleading, as the younger generation is growing in these conditions: if you do not teach children and adolescents to remain calm today, what will happen to our world tomorrow? Canadian Family Pharmacy knows some ways […]
In the present time you can often hear question: “How to get out of a bad mood?”. Not only wimps ask about it, but also people with a high position in the society and a high level of prosperity – those who, from the point of view of the majority – “have everything to be happy.”Is a good mood connected with a healthy lifestyle? Of course, it is, and even depends on it directly. But a healthy lifestyle should be understood not only as a healthy nutrition and sport, but also the ability to stay in a good mood, despite all the difficulties and troubles. It turns out that the one point depends on another, and the circle is closed. Canadian Family Pharmacy will tell you about the ways to keep a good mood even without antidepressants.
Bad mood or depression?
It’s necessary to distinguish between temporary bad mood and depression.
The most common signs of depression:
- loss of interest;
- decreased appetite;
- sleep disturbances;
- loss of energy;
- pessimism, feeling of guilt;
- suicidal thoughts.
If you have a depression, you require a special treatment. As a rule, doctors prescribe a therapy with antidepressants. You may buy antidepressants online at Canadian Family Pharmacy – a store which operates 24 hours a day for you. The best antidepressant drugs for your mood recovery: Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft, Cymbalta and others.
How to fight mood disorders? Simple Ways To Improve Your Mood
Music for your spirits
- A frequent recommendation is to listen to good music, but even better to learn to play and sing yourself. Even if you think you have no talent, it does not matter: everyone can sing together with your favorite singer – if you have a bad mood, you will feel better after such an activity, and it is not necessary to sing with a voice, but also with your soul. People always knew that the life people in the old times has never been easy, only songs but dances saved them – the nation would have “come to the end” without them;
- There is an opinion that the mood should be improved only by classic music, but experts have proved that cheerful music helps get rid of insomnia and fatigue, neurosis and high blood pressure; even people with chronic respiratory diseases and digestive system problems feel better after listening to the music of “light genre”;
- Although someone feels better, for example, listening to Bach, Mozart or Beethoven, they feel peace and tranquility, and no troubles will bother you after that – just “turn on” the music in your head periodically. And how much time do you need to enjoy music to cheer up? Each person has his “measurements”: someone requires 5 minutes, and other people may need more than an hour;
- Besides, you can watch movies – funny comedies, they always help. There is a great number of movies nowadays and you may always come across a very funny and positive one.
Walking for your mood
Walking in the fresh air also helps raise the mood, but it is not always possible to go in the forest or to the river, and not at any time of the year, even if there is a weekend. For example, in winter you need to waste a whole day to walk in the forest: first of all you need to dress up warmly, gather a company of friends or family and then drive to a forest on a winter road. As a result, an hour is left for a walk, and you have no desire to walk any longer in the cold air, especially with children, as the daylight hours in the winter are short, so usually people refuse these walks.
But the outcome can be found: switch on the record of nature sounds – the chirping of birds, the sound of rain, “frogs chorus”, the murmur of the stream, and it will help you to unwind and relax – your mood will improve after this at once.
Handiwork for your mood
It was noted that people with kinesthetic perception can easier raise their spirits than other people: once they hold some natural material in their hands – for example, a object made of wood, wool or natural fabrics – their mood immediately improves. That’s why psychologists advise needlework to raise the spirits:
- tree carving;
- doing crafts from natural materials.
It’s perfect if you do it together with your children.
Besides, you may use one more natural antidepressant: aromatherapy to raise your spirits: today it is not necessary to take a lot of efforts to find essential oils – they are sold everywhere, but the quality should be high – a good oil can not cost very cheap. You may choose a fragrance and use an oil burner, aroma pendants, aromatic candles and other devices – you can do it even at your workplace.
Color for your spirits
Color therapy is also one of the fashion trends of psychotherapy today. The choice of color in order to create a certain therapeutic effect is always individual.
- Yellow color awakens creativity and imagination, causes a feeling of warmth, helps to relax and creates a joyful and cheerful mood.
- Green is the color of independence and leadership character, so it is recommended to use when you have a bad mood due to the low self-esteem and dependence on the opinions of others.
- Red color stimulates energy and activity, but there should not be too much red color: an excess of red color can irritate a person.
- Blue color is cold and usually can’t raise a mood, but the light-blue color calms and soothes, also helps to win the interlocutor – in this case it is possible to improve the mood.
Why am I Always in a Bad Mood?
There are other popular ways to improve your mood at any time. These are sport exercises for your mood. But now let’s talk about something else – why the mood is “holding” for a short time even after you managed to raise it.
The fact is that most people of today’s society live and work in order to realize the goals of others, not their own, and their purpose is to”earn money for living.” It is not surprising that the mood is constantly spoiled: when a person goes to his goal, it is impossible to spoil his mood – he overcomes all the difficulties and troubles. Of course, failures overshadow the reality, but they are temporary, and a purposeful and moving forward man has no time left for a bad mood.
- Psychologists tell us about positive thinking, but it does not help when a person performs a boring job just because of her good pay. The soul can not deceive, and people constantly “breaks” in the film, trying to drown out the spoiled mood alcohol, smoking, questionable entertainment and other “pleasures”.
- You can’t hide the problems inside – they will “get out” anyway, and your life becomes a continuous “overcoming yourself” – do you need it?
- You should treat not a bad mood, but its cause, which appeared not today and not yesterday – only this way you may improve your mood. That is why many successful people feel a deep dissatisfaction: they have money and a position, but their business doesn’t bring them any joy.
For example, a middle-aged man can have a prestigious and high-paying job, but dream about a small own house and flowers around, breed exotic animals, or be a writer – anything what is completely different from his present activity. It is clear that his mood can often go down and all the above methods can only help temporarily.
As for women, they often dream of love and a strong family, instead they make a career, trying to adjust to the demands of a modern society – in this case, there is also no hope for a stable good mood.
If your mood deteriorates very often for any reason, ask yourself: have you chosen the right activity in your life? We face problems every time, however, a purposeful man solves these problems actively and vigorously, rejoicing his victories. His spirits may also come down, but for a short tome.
Another simple tip: stop paying your attention to negative news – today you can hear and read a massive amount of them, but do you need it? Only positive news can improve your mood and life in general, so look for them everywhere: every human’s life has something positive every day, we just have forgotten to rejoice it. Let’s start over again!
The article is released by Canadian Family Pharmacy professional team.
Loss of appetite has become a huge problem, and not only among children but also adults who understand the need for proper nutrition. The scientists of the world are now breaking their heads in order to help people lose weight, as well as restore the appetite of thousands of men and women. People simply destroy their health, refusing normal food.
Sudden Loss of Appetite: Causes
Of course, everything has a reason, and first of all you should exclude co-diseases, you need professional help of specialists for that. One of such reasons may be a malfunction of the digestive tract: this area have many possible diseases:
- gall bladder inflammation;
- lung disease;
- heart failure;
- autoimmune and neurological diseases.
In general, it is difficult to find the reason without tests.
If the examination did not reveal any problem, you should carefully analyze your behavior and way of life, and do not dismiss these points – doctors are often powerless just because the person is not willing to understand his problems.
Diet for a perfect figure
Unfortunately, one of the most common reasons for loss of appetite (among the female population) is a wrong diet for a weight loss. We eat irrational and incorrectly, we strive to get rid of extra kilos as soon as possible – “urgent” weight losing is one of the favorite topics of women’s conversations.
Often women, inspired by the results of mono- and express diets, try them one by one, thus causing a serious violation of the internal body balance, and they even rejoice when they lose appetite. Such an approach can lead to a dangerous disease – anorexia, when appetite not only greatly reduces, but even disappears completely, and the weight is lost “with great force”. The reasons here are not physiological, but neuro-psychiatric.
Previously, models suffered from this disease – fashion designers easily sew clothes for thin women, but then ordinary women and girls started “catching up” with models, and the situation began to deteriorate, as cases of anorexia became more frequent. So now that fashion designers have to revise their standards, they bear in mind the nature of a female figure, but it is not easy to stop the thinness craze – experts are really concerned with this problem.
The reason for a poor appetite is a “wonderful” starvation
Another extreme activity is starvation. Having read various books and manuals, people start practicing the described methods – and get health problems. In the result of such experiments the appetite is often violated. Of course, fasting is useful and even healthily – everyone knows about the miracle of Paul Bragg, but it should be carried out under the supervision of a qualified nutritionist or another qualified physician, with all the rules. Otherwise, starvation may easily ruin your health and even cause depression.
Harmful food and unbalanced diet
Appetite is disturbed and when a person takes the food not timely, but when “there is a time”, and eats everything that comes to hand – finished products, stale food, fast food and other junk food. This ration accumulate toxins in the body – the man feels weak and his appetite decreases – people make themselves eat (the same junk food) and aggravate the situation. Everyone knows about the wrong combination of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, lack of vitamins and minerals.
Chemical drugs and bad habits
Uncontrolled use of drugs also contributes to a loss of appetite: it is not a secret that we do not like to go to the doctor, but willingly use the recommendations of friends and acquaintances, as well as check the miraculous power of advertising. If a man uses drugs and even herbal infusions without medical prescription, his appetite changes – it falls, then increases. Besides, there are bad habits, which most people don’t want to get rid of:
- alcohol consumption;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- refusal of fresh air and others.
Stress is another reason for the loss of appetite – in our current reality there are a lot of stresses, and not only because of changes in a lifestyle. Stresses often become fashionable – it is also a common topic of conversation, and much of the stresses people create themselves:
- Arguing with colleagues at work;
- quarrels with the family and loved ones;
- giving too much attention to the opinion of others.
In a word, people spoil their life and life of other people intentionally. What appetite can we speak of in this situation? Read more details for a loss of appetite here.
Loss of appetite: symptoms
- Weight loss;
- loss of appetite and tiredness;
- loss of taste sensations.
How to cure loss of appetite? Canadian Family Pharmacy Guide
It might seem that this problem doesn’t deserve a special attention – people have more dangerous diseases nowadays, but many of them are just the consequence of a loss of appetite – and even a majority. Timely loss of appetite treatment is very important.
Malnutrition causes a constant shortage and then the deficiency of substances needed for the body, all the organs and systems suffer – for example, of decreased bone strength and immunity reduction.
What can we do to bring back our appetite and restore health? If you do not have anorexia or other serious diseases, it is possible to cope with this task on your own – but it’s better to consult a doctor.
- The specialist may recommend drugs for appetite increase, or prescribe a course of vitamin therapy. You may buy vitamins and drugs online at Canadian Family Pharmacy on beneficial conditions and at the reasonable price!
- You may try appetite stimulating herbs – such as dandelion root or sweet, mint, yarrow, wormwood, etc. – your doctor will consult you on their appliance.
- Many products restore the appetite, mainly vegetables: onion, garlic, radish, citrus, sauerkraut – ancient doctors used them thousands of years ago.
- Finally, it is worth mentioning that our ancestors rarely suffered from a lack of appetite – they spend all time in the open air and moved a lot. It’s difficult to perform in modern cities, but at least try to lead healthy lifestyle – walk regularly on weekends or after work, instead of sitting in front of the TV and computer – you will improve your appetite and health immediately. Learn how to take care of your general health in the article.
- By the way, there is one more factor that affects the appetite, which many people consider unimportant – a table setting. Try serving the table in a beautiful way, and you will not need to flavor foods with ketchup, mayonnaise and bouillon cubes – a beautiful serving “wakes up” appetite very quickly.
In general, poor appetite treatment is necessary to detect the reasons and get rid of them once and for good!